Ilya Grigorik is a Principal Engineer at Shopify and author of High Performance Browser Networking (O'Reilly), on a mission to supercharge commerce and empower entrepreneurs around the world. You'll also find him exploring the outdoors with a camera or enjoying a good book.
High Performance Browser Networking - O'Reilly
What every web developer needs to know about the various types of networks (WiFi, 3G/4G), transport protocols (UDP, TCP, and TLS), application protocols (HTTP/1.1, HTTP/2), and APIs available in the browser (XHR & Fetch, WebSocket, WebRTC, and more) to deliver the best—fast, reliable, and resilient—user experience.
Recent Posts view all posts
- Stop Cross-Site Timing Attacks with SameSite cookies
- Building Fast & Resilient Web Applications
- Control Groups (cgroups) for the Web?
- The "Average Page" is a myth
- Don't lose user and app state, use Page Visibility
- Eliminating Roundtrips with Preconnect
- Browser Progress Bar is an Anti-pattern
- Fixing the 'Blank Text' Problem
- Resilient Networking: Planning for Failure
- Capability Reporting with Service Worker