Ilya Grigorik is a web performance engineer and developer advocate at Google, where his focus is on making the web fast and driving adoption of performance best practices. Whenever not thinking about web performance, Ilya can be found reading, writing, contributing to or building various projects (e.g. VimGolf, GitHub Archive), out with a camera, or training on a nearby trail.
High-Performance Browser Networking (O'Reilly)
What every web developer must know about networking and browser performance: impact of latency and bandwidth, TCP, UDP, and TLS optimization, performance tips for mobile networks, and an under the hood look at performance of HTTP 1.1/2.0, XMLHttpRequest, WebSocket, WebRTC, DataChannel, and other transports.
Recent Posts view all posts
- Why is my CDN 'slow' for mobile clients?
- Optimizing Web Font Rendering Performance
- Optimizing NGINX TLS Time To First Byte (TTTFB)
- Configuring & Optimizing WebSocket Compression
- Optimizing TLS Record Size & Buffering Latency
- Retrospective: High Performance Browser Networking
- Automating DPR switching with Client-Hints
- HTTP Archive + BigQuery = Web Performance Answers
- Innovating with HTTP 2.0 Server Push
- Deploying WebP via Accept Content Negotiation